Friday, March 28, 2008

CSS - Style Sheets

Web page design or development is an interesting task. It should be more interest, if it is done for yourself. I learn HTML ten years back. At that time, Tag and Element were new to me. I started my web page at htmlplanet. I did not know much about CSS. I tried to learn CSS from W3Schools. It helped me for the blog. I used CSS to put my code and it is showing nicely in a box.

CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheets. By using CSS, we can extend the HTML Tags. It can reduce the inconsistency.Style sheets are expanding the ability to improve the appearance of web pages. Element by element,you can define the way you want things to look in a style sheet. Your paragraphs will all take on the formatting you associate with the P element in your style sheet. If you want to define more than one look for an element, you can create classes of an element and assign the classes to the elements when you define them in the pages.

Advantages:


  1. Easy maintenance

  2. Making changes to the layout

  3. Pages load faster

  4. Consistency

  5. Saves time


Disadvantages:

Browsers have varying levels of compliance with Style Sheets. This means that some Style Sheet features are supported and some are not.

No comments: